If you are looking to be a successful phlebotomist in Maine, there are a lot of things that you would need to know. This includes finding the most comprehensive phlebotomy training , classes, and courses in Maine that you can enroll in. Knowing all of these can land you in a good position to find the best jobs.
Why is it important to get phlebotomy certification in Maine? For the simple reason that you cannot work as a phlebotomist in any hospital, private clinic or diagnostic laboratory without first getting adequate training and certification as a phlebotomist. Phlebotomy is really becoming a popular profession nowadays because it pays a high salary with a relatively light workload. A job as a medical professional is also one of the most recession-proof professions because medical personnel will always be in demand everywhere. This is why the course also offers a good career path.
So where are the good places to gain phlebotomy training in Maine? It was not offered until recently, and here are the schools and their corresponding locations which offer phlebotomy classes in Maine:
- Helping Hands Trade School and Kaplan University in Lewiston
- Northeast Technical Institute in Scarborough
- Kennebec Valley Community College in Fairfield
- Kaplan University in Portland
- Northeast Technical Institute in Bangor
- Helping Hands Trade School in Waterville
In terms of salary, a phlebotomist receives a salary which is 3% lower compared to the average salaries of phlebotomists in other states. An average phlebotomist earns around $27,000 annually. It is especially recommended for applicants to try out their luck at the following organizations which offer a high volume of job opportunities coupled with a comparatively high offer of salaries:
- Hooper Holmes, Veteran Affairs in Augusta
- Kronos Optimal Health Company, American Red Cross in Portland
- Lewiston Central Medical Center in Lewiston
- Bridgton Hospital in Bridgton
The phlebotomy jobs available can be found in hospitals, blood banks, laboratories, and colleges or other learning institutions that offer phlebotomy as one of its specialized courses.