If you are looking for a viable career option in Oregon that will get you into the medical profession fairly quickly and with less expenses than an education for a medical doctor or nurse, you can opt to undergo phlebotomy training in Oregon so you can take advantage of the related jobs Oregon offers. You can find open positions in online job sites or by visiting hospitals, private clinics, blood banks, the local Red Cross chapter or laboratories in Oregon. You can find these jobs in Oregon in the following cities:
- Phlebotomy jobs in Portland Oregon
- Phlebotomy Bend Oregon jobs
- Phlebotomy jobs in Eugene Oregon
- Phlebotomy jobs in Salem Oregon
You ca find jobs in Portland Oregon as well as in other cities without having phlebotomy certification Oregon agencies offer. However, acquiring a phlebotomist certificate in Oregon will definitely give you an advantage over other applicants. If you are in Portland, you will need to undergo the training in phlebotomy in Portland Oregon leading to a certification. Phlebotomy training in Oregon is necessary in order for you to develop the knowledge and skills that will be required of a good phlebotomist.
Other cities with phlebotomy schools in Oregon are Oregon City and Salem. Please refer to the information below:
- West Coast Phlebotomy Inc. This school is located in Oregon City. It is a special career school that only runs for 8 am to 12:30 pm for around six weeks. It prepares students for the national phlebotomy certification examination through classroom instruction and laboratory work. Their graduates will receive certifications in phlebotomy, customer service, HIPAA, blood-borne pathogens and HIV/AIDS. These courses give a big boost to people who would like to add a short credential to their resume. Take note however, that their internships are not automatically guaranteed.
- Valley Medical College. Their program is designed to train medical and clerical support personnel for 16 to 18 weeks. The courses include: taking blood specimens, safety in the laboratory, use of electrocardiogram, syringe draws, venipucture, finger sticks, heel sticks, medical terminology and issues in confidentiality. In addition, students will also be required to render 160 hours of mandatory cooperative work at the local health center.